Flex Seal Review
Hello and welcome to my site which gives a detailed and honest review of the Flex Seal product. I, like a lot of homeowners, was once plagued by leaking roofs and gutters for years and I used to dread the sight of rain. After trying a varying array of roof sealant products and so-called professionals, I was eventually introduced to Flex Seal spray by a friend.
Before I begin my Flex Seal review, here is a quick video that I found on the product which I found very helpful. Enjoy.
What exactly is Flex Seal spray?
In Lehman terms, Flex Seal spray is a can of liquid sealant that covers cracks and leaks with a rubberized coating. This liquid form makes it easy to seep into holes and cracks so as to seal them perfectly. This is what makes this product different and, in my opinion, superior from the other sealants on the market today.
Typical sealants usually consist of a dry, rubber like substance and as a result are quite difficult to apply as they tend to be quite sticky and messy. However, with Flex Seal spray, not only does it completely cover visible leaks, it gets deep into cracks so as to ensure that they are closed inside and out.
Where can I use Flex Seal?
Flex Seal is best used on gutters, pipes and roofs, but in my experience it can be used on pretty much any surface. I purposefully tried using Flex Seal spray on several different surfaces, just for experimenting purposes, and found that the finish looked smooth and stable on each surface. It does not have any limitations. Most other rubber sealants can only be used in areas that are not exposed to too much water, heat or moisture.
Initially the liquid comes out black as it is sprayed, but when it dries it can then be painted to match any surface. I found that other rubber sealants, though they also came out in dark colors, couldn’t really be painted over which therefore made them difficult to conceal. With this liquid sealant, however, surfaces look untouched after they are covered with paint.
Other benefits of Flex Seal spray!
- Flex Seal can be applied as a roof sealant even if it is raining! So instead having to wait for fine weather to fix your leaks, just throw on some rain gear and get the cracks sealed BEFORE your house becomes a swimming pool! This really is a life saver in my opinion.
- Another advantage of this product is that it is formulated for easy spraying and comes out of the can very evenly. I found it easy and quick to apply which was a blessing considering the amount of leaks and cracks that I had to seal up!
- Even though I have only recently applied Flex Seal spay, my friend who first introduced me to the product assured me that the sealant is strong enough to last for years. No cracking, peeling, flaking or any sign of wear can be seen in the places where he used it. Believe me; I looked before I bought a can of my own!
- The main benefit, and obvious one, of Flex Seal is that it will help save you money. No professional service needed as homeowners can use this new liquid sealant spray by themselves.
- In addition, it is easy to carry: There is no need to by those bulky and heavy pails of rubber sealant.
Is there a downside to Flex Seal?
As part of my Flex Seal review, I felt it only right to comment on some negatives that I personally found out about this product and also that I read from other users online:
- This product is primarily a roof sealant but can be used indoors. However, if doing so, then it is a good idea to have proper ventilation, as in have a window open whilst spraying.
- Larger cracks or holes may need several Flex Seal layers in order for a successful covering, but because it is such a friendly-user product this is hardly a difficult or time-consuming task.
- After each usage, you must invert the can and apply a quick burst to clear the spray nozzle. This is just to make sure that the can doesn’t get blocked up as excess sealant hardens in the nozzle.
I hope you enjoyed my review and please feel free to read my other Flex Seal reviews that can be found in the right hand box! ==================================>
If you enjoyed this review then why not share it on one of the social media links below! Thanks if you do!